Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Week 2: Let's mix things up!

Starting Weight: 260 (January 2009)
Total Weight Loss: -94.8 
Current Week (4/12/11): 165.2
Current Week: -2.4



-WARNING:THIS MAY BE GRAPHIC TO READ OR SIMPLY UPSETTING TO ANIMAL LOVERS-
First off, I'd like to apologize for not having posted at least once more in this past week/weekend.  It's been a bit of a rough one for my immediate family as my parent's 7 year old yellow lab passed away unexpectedly sunday night/monday morning while at the vet.  She went in for a simple operation to remove a bump on her ear, and while being operated on, the vet noticed her WBC was low, she was bleeding a lot/not clotting, and her gums began to bleed.  The assumption at that point was that Maggie had gotten into rat poisoning, which was absolutely baffling, as my parents would never bring rat poisoning onto their property.  The only solution was that she must have gotten ahold of a rat/mouse that had rat poisoning.  The solution to this was to give Maggie Vitamin K shots to raise her blood/cell levels, and she immediately started getting better upon receiving the shots.  At this point, we think the solution has been found and after a few days, she will shake it off!  Saturday morning, I went with my mom to pick Maggie up (she spent the night at the vet Friday night), and the vet showed us that she was still bleeding a lot and every time she'd shake her head, blood would go flying from her ear, which was making a very large mess (a very sad sight to see).  The vet offered to let her stay the remainder of the weekend so they could keep her cleaned up, stitched up, packaged, and so my mom could avoid having a huge mess.  Leaving her at the vet to allow them to take care of her wound over the weekend was the very obvious right choice to make.  On Monday morning, my mom called me, at which point I assumed she would ask me to ride up with her to the vet to pick Maggie up.  I answered her phone call and heard, "Maggie's dead..." accompanied by tears.  This was the most unexpected, shocking, and heartbreaking news to hear, and I lost it.  The vet was extremely confused, and said it could have been a number of reasons; lupus being the most possible of reasons, which probably caused her heart to stop due to a blood clot.  No matter what the reason, it doesn't change the outcome, so that's not important.  This is day 3 post our loss...and each day gets better, but it's still just completely devastating.  Our dogs mean the world to us...they're simply our family members, and nothing less.  


MOVING ON!!!


On a lighter note, I did really well this week with my activity/food journaling/food choices!  I journaled all my food, earned 33 activity points, and still had a good time/didn't deprive myself while doing it!  I managed to do this having eaten out twice, and even went drinking one night!  All in all, a great and successful week having lost 2.4 lbs at my weigh in last night at weight watchers!  


I've decided I do best when I, somewhat, "confuse" my body from week to week and constantly mix things up.  I know that if I did the same exact thing this week as I did last week, I just wouldn't do as good.  This week, I'm going to focus on all cardio, while last week I focused on cardio and toning.  Maybe next week I'll do toning only!  I don't know yet...I'll get through this week first!  Today I walked for a total of 1 hour for my activity, gaining 5 Activity Points.  Tomorrow, I hope to do the same.  On Saturday, I will be doing my first 5k of the season with my mom and Chris, and hope to accomplish a good time while running most of it!  I'm setting a goal of less than 36 minutes.  As I discussed earlier, I'll keep you posted on this!


Each week (actually, almost each night!), I like to find a new recipe and make it.  I am especially partial to the following blogs right now:


http://www.skinnytaste.com/


http://www.emilybites.com/


These ladies post amazing recipes!  I have yet to make one I do not like.  I'll try to review the new recipes I make as often as possible.  Tonight I'm making this:


http://www.emilybites.com/2011/01/deep-dish-pizza-casserole.html


I can't wait to tell you about it after I taste it! Wish me luck!


Today's Activity:
15 min brisk up-hill walk at lunch
35 minute walk after work
10 minute walk to the grocery store

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!!! I am going to have to keep up with these blogs for future references!

    ReplyDelete