Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2011

"How much more weight do you want to lose before your wedding?"

This is the question I have received numerous times since losing the amount of weight I have lost within the last month. 1st-I think this question is rude. 2nd-Why not stop at "you look great". Now, I'll explain to you why I think this is rude. I had lost 70 lbs before getting engaged in August. Anyone who knows me for who I am would know this, and know that I was never losing weight for my wedding to begin with; I'm losing weight for me and to be healthy! I am approximately 27 lbs away from my healthy weight range. I hope to get to my healthy range at some point, but I do not have a time-limitation goal in mind in order to achieve it. Some people might do well with time-limit goals, but I do not. It's too much added pressure that just isn't necessary. End Rant.

Onto some fun stuff!

I will become Mrs. Nesbit in 69 days! We are leaving June 14th to head to our rest/relaxation destination of Waikiki, Hawaii. Two days later, on June 16, I will be getting married on the North Shore of Oahu at Turtle Bay Resort in the beautiful pavilion you see below!

We will have the pleasure of being in the presence of 8 bridal party members, 26 family members, and 10 friends that are so amazingly willing to join us for an entire week in Hawaii! We have come to realize that we are loved and so supported by all of our amazing family and friends. Just to name a few things Chris and I (and some other guests throughout the vacation) will be doing while we're there (besides getting married), we will be attending a luau, visiting Pearl Harbor, and taking a helicopter tour of the island for some great views! Every other second of the week may be simply spent soaking up the sun on the beautiful beaches! We've had a pretty brutal winter here in Wisconsin....snow upon snow upon snow upon cold upon cold upon cold, so once this summer does arrive, I will be appreciative of the warm sun!

This month is packed with some fun as well! This weekend Chris and I are headed out on a "play date" with our friend Melissa who is celebrating her birthday! It will be a nice, laid back, evening of good food and cocktails. I'm pretty psyched for a low-key but fun night out tomorrow night!

On the 16th, Chris, my mom, and I will be doing our first 5k of the year! I plan to attempt to run most of it for the first time, so I will keep you posted on how that goes!

On the 23rd, my mom, my aunt, and I will be heading to the Minneapolis for a shopping day! It'll be nice to just have a girls day of pure FUN!

On the 30th, my Wisconsin friends are throwing me a bachelorette party, which I'm super psyched about! I never expected a bachelorette party up here in Wisconsin, as all of our bridal party is in Georgia. My friends up here in Wisconsin are proving to be very amazing people, and worth keeping around for a while ;)

Next month, on May 12, Chris and I will be flying out to head down south for our bachelor and bachelorette parties with our southern pals/bridal party members. I am flying into Chattanooga to meet up with my Matron of Honor and then we will head to Asheville, North Carolina for the weekend, where we will meet up with approximately 8 other gals to party the weekend away! Chris will be heading to Orlando where he'll meet up with his clan of men to party his weekend away!

So far....we don't have much going on past that weekend! The next stop will be our departure to Hawaii on June 14! Then, we're having an at-home reception in Wisconsin on June 25. Lots and lots of fun ahead! I am so blessed to be experiencing such an amazing time in my life, and couldn't be happier with all aspects that contribute to it!

Today's Activity:
Brisk 15 minute up-hill walk at lunch
Hopefully a walk after work with my mom (her dog had surgery today, so not quite sure if it will happen!)
If no walk after work, Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD

Happy Friday ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment