Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

Swimsuit Shopping....YUCK!!! 1st Wedding Dress Fitting...YAY!!!

I recently started looking around for some swimsuits to take along to Hawaii.  The only swimsuits I currently have on hand are the ones I wore last summer, which was about 20-40 lbs ago!  I made do with those swimsuits last month when I went on a cruise with my fiance, and parents.  I really thought they'd be ok to wear just to get through that vacation without having to fork over some money for swimsuits that might not fitting me by this summer.  While they got me through that vacation, my booty looked saggy, and my ta tas were marshmallows inside of teacups!  It wasn't a pretty picture, but who did I have to impress!  I dealt with it!

I know, however, I need to purchase a new swimsuit wardrobe for this summer, so I ordered 5 new swimsuits online last week.  I ordered 5, but only intend to keep, at the most, 3!  I ordered 3 from Old Navy, 1 from Target, and 1 from JcPennys.  Today, I received the one from Target, and the one from JcPennys in the mail, so I tried both on during my lunch period.  The 1st to try on (and the one I anticipated I'd be sending back right away, due to it's risque nature for my not-so-fit body) was from Target. See link:

http://tinyurl.com/3pkahbs

While I am not keeping this swimsuit, I really did like it!  I wasn't entirely happy with it on my body, which is why it's going back, but I wasn't nearly as disappointed as I thought I would be!  The picture on the website doesn't do it any justice; it really is a beautiful swimsuit!  My only complaint was the bottom portion was just a little bit too skimpy on my frontside.  I still have a bit of "pudge" on my mid section, and didn't like the slight "muffin top" that was coming out of the bottom portion.  I probably would love it if I dropped 10 more lbs, but I just didn't want to take the risk of never liking it, so it's going back!  I hope to re-visit monokinis again, because I think they're adorable!


So, while the first swimsuit was only a minor disappointment, I am absolutely in love with the 2nd one that has arrived from JCPennys!  Here it is:

http://tinyurl.com/3ffjhmn

I am actually going to be able to show a little mid-drift, and it actually looks ok!  This is a first time ever in my life!  It is so vibrant, and so cute on my body!  5-10 more lbs gone before summer will make it look even more fantastic!


1st Wedding Dress Fitting:
Went AMAZING!  I first bought the dress back in September, and it just came in last week (Yikes!)!  It's a size 18, and I bought it when I was about a street size 14-16 (the dress runs small).  I am now a size 12...almost 10.  I have lost about 20-25 lbs since purchasing the dress, and it showed!  It's being taken in about an inch on each side/seam, and it looks amazing on my body! The smiles my mom and I shared on Friday, while having my 1st dress fitting, were much needed after the awful week/loss of a pet that we endured last week.  My 2nd fitting is May 5th...I can't wait to see it altered!  The seamstress is also going to take it in a "smidge" more since I plan to be about 5-10 lbs lighter by wedding day. :)

Today's Activity:
15 min brisk-Up-Hill Walk at lunch
30-35 minute Walk with mom and dogs after lunch
1 Hour Zumba class 5:30-6:30

It's Chris's night to cook...YAAAYY FOR ME!  But my night to do homework :( :( :( :(

I miss my bestie and Matron of Honor....I even miss that margarita we shared a couple weeks ago! :(



No comments:

Post a Comment