Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

Week 1: Hi!!!

Hi! My name is Tara, and I'm from a small town in Wisconsin. I work as a Quality Assurance Coordinator for my family's cheese company...I know, I know...lol. I have an amazing boyfriend of 6 years, and an adorable 3 year old miniature schnauzer named Molly. DBF and I have been discussing marriage, and future plans, and I hope to be able to update you more on that SOON!

I have done Weight Watchers about 4 times now...the first time I lost about 40 lbs, but had since gained back that 40 plus another 40. The 2nd and 3rd Weight Watchers attempts were a fail on my part. And this 4th attempt has been a huge overall success thus far! I began in May of 2009 (so almost a year ago!), and have so far lost 46.2 lbs! I did, however, begin working out/eating better prior to starting Weight Watchers last year, and lost about 13 lbs before beginning. I will only keep you updated on my official Weight Watcher progress, however, so not to make it too confusing.

So this isn't week 1 of my journey, but it is week 1 of my first official blog! I have been updating my progress and goals at http://imwastingaway.webs.com/ since the beginning of my journey, and I will continue to do so. I will also post here at least weekly to update you on each week's successes! (OR FAILURES!) So let's get started!

Starting Weight: 243 (May 2009)
Current Week: 196.8
Current Week: -.0 (No movement this week)
Total Weight Loss: -46.2

My WI day is Tuesdays, so I will update as soon as I can after I WI each week. I am a huge fan of creating/finding new recipes, and I aim to try something new each week. I will take pictures and provide recipes as often as possible.

To give you a frame of reference, here is a picture of my before and after as of now. I will continue to update these pictures as my progress is visible.
My mom and I (and other stragglers here and there) have been doing two 5k's per month, so I will also tell you about those each time we complete one. We just did one this past weekend in Appleton, WI called the Sole Burner for The American Cancer Society. Below is (from L to R) my friend Jamie, Aunt Julie, Mom Terri, Me, and DBF Chris.


We had a blast! It was a little cold and wet, but a good time. It was the first time my friend Jamie and DBF Chris had joined us, and I believe they're hooked!

We don't have anything scheduled for this weekend, but I hope to get out and do a 5k of my own either Saturday or Sunday. We do zumba every Monday, and to be honest, that's about all the workout I have been getting in besides our twice a month 5k's. I have recommitted and am back on the wagon! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment